* i used the cookie cup recipe for the first batch as straight cookie cups the way kevin & amanda show on their blog. since i only needed a few cups, there was enough spare dough to tinker w. and make the CCC cookies shown above
dangerously good peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (vegan, recipe)
Vegan Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 16 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon salt 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted vegan margarine or shortening, at room temperature ½ cup creamy peanut butter ½ cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup light brown sugar ½ teaspoon vanilla extract 1 egg replacer ½ cup rolled oats 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the vegan butter sub, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg replacer and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.